Friday 1 February 2013

25 Random Facts About Me

I'm currently procrastinating from writing uni notes, and watching Essie Button's youtube video on 50 facts about herself, and I kind of had an urge to do a text post of the tag :) I don't think I'd be interesting enough to do 50 so I've cut it down to 25 :)


  1. I'm a homebody. I'm not a big drinker, because I hate vomitting/feeling queasy, but I don't mind having a drink or two. I just feel really awkward dancing in a sweaty room with strangers and there's always creepy guys trying to hit on you, and it's always so darn loud. Although I do like dressing up and such :) I just like staying in and watching films and just  being all cosy and warm.
  2. I have a lip product obsession. Not so much with lip glosses as my lips are pretty full as they are without adding more fullness, but lipsticks, lip balms and lip stains are quite the obsession. Being asian, I have very little eyelid/crease space for eyeshadow so it's hard for me to do smoeky eye looks or any eye look that isn't just the one shade and some eyeliner, so lips were my next best option.
  3. I can quote F.R.I.E.N.D.S and How I Met Your Mother. I have the massive Friends boxset and season 1-7 of HIMYM on my laptop and watch at least one ep of either series a day.
  4. I like animals, but see no problem in animal testing (for medicines and such, not so much about cosmetics)  and I still eat meat. I know this is SUCH a contradiction. But I'm currently studying Pharmacology at Uni, and if I get a job in the industry, I'll most likely be testing on animals (I'm pretty sure 4th year projects can be animal based too). The reason is because there would be a even bigger uproar if we started testing on humans when a drug is first being trialed (human clinical trials are usually at the very end before being marketed), and the medical industry wouldn't be as advanced as it is now without animal testing, even medication for peptic ulcers benefited from animal testing. Rats and mice have similar blood brain chemistry to humans and that's why they are used quite a lot, and cats and dogs (i.e the "cute" animals) are actually rarely used, in less than 1% of drug trials. I can't really put my thoughts on this down on paper right now, as there is a lot more to it, but I have my reasons for medical animal testing. I wouldn't voluntarily grab a cat and start testing on it, but if a job requited me to do it and it was for the future benefit of medicine, then I would.
  5. I'm just barely over 5ft, and I have size 4 feet. Actually, I think my feet have shrunk to 3 and a half -_-
  6. I hate overly pointy men or womens shoes. They scare me.
  7. I have a retort/question for everything. I'm not sure why. But I tend to start going off on to hypothetical tangents if I run out of normal ones.
  8. I'm not the biggest chocolate fan. I  much prefer crisps.
  9. I like to cook and bake, but bake more cos it entails less money for getting ingredients.
  10. I'm allergic to kiwis. I won't die, I just get a bit itchy and swollen.
  11. I'm quite fussy with fruit. I don't like bananas because of the texture (don't mind banana flavoured things though), I don't like apples, oranges and raspberries. Some fruits depend on my mood. But I like a lot of veg, even spinach and brussel sprouts.
  12. I can either be extremely tidy and have everything organised...or leave everything in a heaving mess. I don't know why, I can never have my things normally tidy.
  13. I like putting everything into boxes to keep them organised. For example, my hair proucts are in a box seperate from my make up box.
  14. I also like herbal tea. Green tea in particular. Partial to some Chrysanthemum tea for the "yeet hay" y'know? ;)
  15. I have a blackberry but want to defect to iphone
  16. I love Disney films. Although most people like at least one. Alladdin, lion king and beauty and the beast are my faves
  17. I have a wonky pinky where i suspect i may have broken it at some point, but i don't remember ever doing so.
  18. I hate feet. Despite working in a shoe shop for 8 months.
  19. I hate going to the gym cos I dont like people watching me pant like a pie, so I now prefer doing dvds at home.
  20. I want a cat and a dog when i grow up. I ideally want a ragdoll cat and a husky, but I dont like the idea of purebreds. It makes me sad at how they're genetically predisposed to so many conditions.
  21. Not many people know about my blog. One friend laughed atme for having one and Ive not told many people since.
  22. I despise being late. I need to be 15 mins early for everything
  23. I can't stand certain textures, like using a glass nail file. shivers!
  24. I don't like sweet scents. I prefer fruity/citrusy smells.
  25. M hair is down to the bottom of my waist, and is such a pain to wash/brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment